Thank you for choosing Moscow Medical as your healthcare provider. We are committed to building a successful physician-patient relationship with you and your family. Clearly understanding our Financial Policy is important to our professional relationship. Please call (208) 882-7565 if you have questions about our fees, our policies, or your responsibilities. It is your responsibility to notify our office of any patient information changes.
Log into the Patient Portal to view your account.
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. We will accept cash, check, or credit card. Payment will include any unmet deductible, co-insurance, co-payment amount, or non-covered charges from your insurance company. If you do not carry insurance, payment is expected in full at the time of service.
Insurance is a contract between you and your insurance company. We will bill your primary insurance company as a courtesy to you. In order to properly bill your insurance company we require that you disclose all insurance information. Failure to provide complete insurance information may result in patient responsibility for the entire bill. Although we may estimate what your insurance company may pay, it is the insurance company that makes the final determination of your eligibility and benefits. If your insurance company is not contracted with us, you agree to pay any portion of the charges not covered by insurance, including but not limited to those charges above the usual and customary allowance. If we are out of network for your insurance company and your insurance pays you directly, you are responsible for payment and agree to forward the payment to us immediately. We are contracted with most insurances. We recommend you verify with your insurance carrier if Moscow Medical is in-network.
Self pay accounts are patients without insurance coverage, patients covered by insurance plans in which the clinic does not participate. Self-pay patients are required to pay in full at time of service, unless prior payments arrangements have been made.
Sliding Fee Scale
It is Moscow Medical’s policy to provide health care services, regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. Our discounted services are based on family income and household size. Moscow Medical will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, creed, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin.
Applications for our discounted services can be requested at the front desk or by contacting the billing office. In order to determine individual eligibility the patient/guarantor must complete the Sliding Fee Scale application and provide the supporting documentation prior to services being rendered.
- Complete the application in its entirety and return within 2 weeks
- By signing the application, patient/guarantor is authorizing Moscow Medical access in confirming income as disclosed on the application; false information will result in application denial
- When approved the discount will apply to services received at Moscow Medical, but NOT services purchased outside of the clinic, including reference laboratory testing, x-ray imaging and interpretation, and other such services
- Moscow Medical will contact the patient/guarantor of the application status, whether approved or denied
- An approved application will cover balances from the date of approval up to 6 months, unless patient/guarantors financial situation changes significantly. The applicant has the options to reapply after application expires or anytime there is a significant change in family income and household size
- Application will take 1-2 business days for processing
Auto and Workman’s Compensation Claims
It is the responsibility of the patient to provide our office with all the authorization forms and claim numbers. We will attempt to bill the insurance, if the claim is denied patient will be responsible for payment in full. Patients must be established with our clinic. We do not third party bill. If your injury is covered under Washington Labor and Industry, we cannot see you for this injury.
Other Services Requiring Payment
- Laboratory services are billed separately by LabCorp. A LabCorp representative can be reached at (800) 598-3345.
- Fees for the completion of forms for services performed outside of an office visit, such as FMLA, L&I and physicals are $25 for the first page and $5 for each additional page.
- You may request a copy of chart notes for $1.09 for the first 30 pages and $0.82 for each additional page.
- Moscow medical will assess a $40 fee for returned checks and non-sufficient funds (NSF).